Assignment#6_solution (1).docx - Assignment#6-Due by...

This preview shows page 1 - 2 out of 4 pages.

Assignment #6-Due by 04/09/2019 Chapter 20: Kevan, Jerry, and Dave formed Albee LLC. Jerry and Dave each contributed $245,000 in cash. Kevan contributed the following assets: Kevan: Basis Fair Market Value Cash $ 15,000 $ 15,000 Land* 120,000 440,000 Totals $ 135,000 $ 455,000 *Nonrecourse debt secured by the land equals $210,000 Each member received a one-third capital and profits interest in the LLC. a. How much gain or loss will Jerry, Dave and Kevan recognize on the contributions? b. What is Kevan’s tax basis in his LLC interest? c. What tax basis do Jerry and Dave have in their LLC interests? d. What is Albee LLC’s tax basis in its assets? e. Following the format in Exhibit 20-2, prepare a tax basis balance sheet for the Albee LLC showing the tax capital accounts for the members. What is Kevan’s share of the LLC’s inside basis? f. If the lender holding the nonrecourse debt secured by Kevan’s land required Kevan to guarantee 33.33 percent of the debt and Jerry to guarantee the remaining 66.67 percent of the debt when Albee LLC was formed, how much gain or loss will Kevan recognize?
Image of page 1

Subscribe to view the full document.

Image of page 2

What students are saying

  • Left Quote Icon

    As a current student on this bumpy collegiate pathway, I stumbled upon Course Hero, where I can find study resources for nearly all my courses, get online help from tutors 24/7, and even share my old projects, papers, and lecture notes with other students.

    Student Picture

    Kiran Temple University Fox School of Business ‘17, Course Hero Intern

  • Left Quote Icon

    I cannot even describe how much Course Hero helped me this summer. It’s truly become something I can always rely on and help me. In the end, I was not only able to survive summer classes, but I was able to thrive thanks to Course Hero.

    Student Picture

    Dana University of Pennsylvania ‘17, Course Hero Intern

  • Left Quote Icon

    The ability to access any university’s resources through Course Hero proved invaluable in my case. I was behind on Tulane coursework and actually used UCLA’s materials to help me move forward and get everything together on time.

    Student Picture

    Jill Tulane University ‘16, Course Hero Intern