Unformatted text preview: Mock Exam II
b.) Singer and Nicholson
Davis and Danielli
d. Watson and Crick
1 1. What organelle is responsible for detoxification?
b. Golgi body
12. In photosynthesis, is carbon dioxide oxidized or reduced?
13. In cellular respiration, is glueose oxidized or reduced?
14. When fructose 1,6 bisphosphate breaks in two, which enzyme is responsible for converting
dihydroxyacetone phosphate into glyceraldehyde 3-phosphate?
15. If two molecules of glucose enter into glycolysis, how many NADH are produced?
16. What activates a lysosome?
17. In the sodium potassium pump, how many Na are moved and in which direction are they
a. 2; outside
C. 2; inside
d 3; outside
18. What happens a plant cell that is placed inside a hypertonic solution?
19. Which of the following is not a function of membrane proteins?
b. Intercellular joining
All are functions of membrane proteins...
View Full Document