Unformatted text preview: Glycolysis and Krebs Cycle Quiz
1. Which kind of metabolic poison would most directly interfere with glycolysis?
a. An agent that reacts with oxygen and depletes its concentration in the cell
An agent that binds to pyruvate and inactivates it
An agent that closely mimics the structure of glucose but is not metabolized
d. An agent that reacts with NADH and oxidizes it to NAD+
e. An agent that inhibits the formation of acetyl coenzyme A
2. Which process in eukaryotic cells will normally proceed whether Oz is present or absent?
c. Krebs cycle
d. Oxidative phosphorylation
3. All of the following are products or intermediates in glycolysis except:
e. Fructose 1,6 bisphosphate
. Glycolysis takes place in which location?
c. Mitochondrial inner membrane
d. Plasma membrane
5. Which of the following will effect the activity of an enzyme?
c. substrate concentration
d All of the above
6. When fructose 1,6 bisphosphate breaks in two, which half is immediately ready to
continue along the glycolytic pathway?
a. Dihydroxyacetone phosphate
. 1, 3-bisphosphoglycerate
7. What enzyme is responsible for converting one of the products of fructose 1,6-
bisphosphate into the form that can continue along the metabolic pathway?
8. What is the first reaction of glycolysis?
- Glucose - 6- phosphate
9. What is the net gain of ATP in glycolysis? 2ATP
10. How many NAD(ox) are produced during the citric acid cycle? ()
NAD-H is producke...
View Full Document