Unformatted text preview: Mitosis Quiz
1. Vinblastine is a standard chemotherapeutic drug used to treat cancer. Because it interferes
with the assembly of microtubules, its effectiveness must be related to
a. ) Disruption of mitotic spindle formation NT OF Contrewarn
Suppression of cyclin production
c. Myosin denaturation and inhibition of cleavage furrow formation X
d. Inhibition of DNA synthesis
2. In which phase does the nuclear envelope fragment?
3. In metaphase, what is the metaphase plate and where are the chromosomes in relation to
this plate? ). Imagine line
4. How does cytokinesis differ, between plants and animals?
2. on the Line
peninal cleverit s all move around
Pants form. New. Cell
5. During which phase are cohesins proteins cleaved?
6. During which phase does the mitotic spindle begin to form?
7. What is the difference between kinetochore and, non-kinetochore microtubules?
Kinetochore MT are attack
8. Draw a cell in eac
nochore. Long will
oh phase of mitosis
View Full Document