WGU - Fall-19.C157.docx - Running head ADVANCED NURSING PRACTICE FIELD EXPERIENCE Essentials of Advanced Nursing Practice Field Experience Western

WGU - Fall-19.C157.docx - Running head ADVANCED NURSING...

This preview shows page 1 - 4 out of 10 pages.

Running head: ADVANCED NURSING PRACTICE FIELD EXPERIENCE 1 Essentials of Advanced Nursing Practice Field Experience Western Governors University
Image of page 1
ADVANCED NURSING PRACTICE FIELD EXPERIENCE 2 Essentials of Advanced Nursing Practice Field Experience A1. Purpose and Overview This consultative change recommendation has been created to inform a behavioral health company through industry data collection about a change that could improve practice of operation. The behavioral health environment is highly regulated in the state of Washington. There is moderate competition in the behavioral health industry and the importance to create an impactful change in the company is therefore important not only for patient safety, but for financial important as well. The choice of the recommended change will be discussed as a bottom-up approach to encourage buy-in at all levels. An outcome evaluation is highly recommended along with the discussion of the value that the change will bring to the company. Data collection procedure for the recommended change include patient exit surveys from the last six months and chart audits completed by the Quality department, also from the last 6 months. Other data collection resulted from data collected from the facility administrator and the financial and operations departments of the company. A2. Description of the Organization The company referred to in this recommendation is a behavioral health agency that is based in Everett, Washington. The company has over 700 employees and has an estimated 300 inpatient encounters and over 9,000 out patient encounters in the last year. The structure of the agency is lead by chief executive officer, then a chief operations officer, medical, human resources, quality, and financial officer. They pass guidance to the directors of the programs who in turn pass the leadership role of the site-specific duties of program and clinical managers. The front-line staff consist of licensed counselors, mental health technicians, psychiatric technicians, registered nurses, and licensed practical nurses. Services provided by the company include acute inpatient involuntary hospitalization, voluntary hospitalization, two tiers of intense outpatient services, and general out patient services. A3. Primary Needs of Population The agency covers a 5-county region in the northwestern corner of the state, including Snohomish, Skagit, Whatcom, Island, and San Juan counties. The demographics of the
Image of page 2
ADVANCED NURSING PRACTICE FIELD EXPERIENCE 3 population served for adults which will be the area of focus, are 87% below the age 45 but not less than 18 years old, the remainder 13% are over the age 45. The clients served are Caucasian (11%), Hispanic (6%), African-American (3%), and other (2%). Care for the patients includes one on one counseling, group counseling, psychiatric provider appointments (psychiatrist and psychiatric advance practice nurse), registered nurse appointments which include medication adherence observation and monthly medication injections, medication delivery, and peer counselor interventions.
Image of page 3
Image of page 4

You've reached the end of your free preview.

Want to read all 10 pages?

  • Spring '17
  • Nursing, National Database of Nursing Quality Indicators

What students are saying

  • Left Quote Icon

    As a current student on this bumpy collegiate pathway, I stumbled upon Course Hero, where I can find study resources for nearly all my courses, get online help from tutors 24/7, and even share my old projects, papers, and lecture notes with other students.

    Student Picture

    Kiran Temple University Fox School of Business ‘17, Course Hero Intern

  • Left Quote Icon

    I cannot even describe how much Course Hero helped me this summer. It’s truly become something I can always rely on and help me. In the end, I was not only able to survive summer classes, but I was able to thrive thanks to Course Hero.

    Student Picture

    Dana University of Pennsylvania ‘17, Course Hero Intern

  • Left Quote Icon

    The ability to access any university’s resources through Course Hero proved invaluable in my case. I was behind on Tulane coursework and actually used UCLA’s materials to help me move forward and get everything together on time.

    Student Picture

    Jill Tulane University ‘16, Course Hero Intern

Stuck? We have tutors online 24/7 who can help you get unstuck.
A+ icon
Ask Expert Tutors You can ask You can ask You can ask (will expire )
Answers in as fast as 15 minutes