Dosage Calculation Practice Problems
1. Ordered Phenergan syrup 25mg. Available:
Phenergan syrup 6.25mg/mL. How many mL will be
given per dose?
2. Physician Order: DiaBeta 5 mg p.o. Drug Label: DiaBeta tablets 2.5 mg.
How many tablets will you
give the patient each dose?
3. Verapamil 2.5mg IV is ordered.
The vial contains 5mg/mL.
How many mL will be given per dose?
4. Order: Fentanyl 50mcg IM. Available is a vial containing 0.05mg/mL.
How many mL per dose will
Dr. orders: give ½ gm of a med.
You have on the shelf 200mg/mL vials. How many mL will you
give each dose?
6. The order is to give a medication 0.25 g po four times a day. The medication is available as
150mg /5mL. How many tsp will be given for each dose?
7. The patient is to take tetracycline, 0.75 g PO. The medication is available in 250 mg tablets.
How many tablets will the patient take per dose?