UNit_Plan_UKEA1073-Jan18_-FAM.doc - UNIVERSITI TUNKU ABDUL...

This preview shows page 1 - 3 out of 9 pages.

UNIVERSITI TUNKU ABDUL RAHMAN (UTAR) FACULTY OF ACCOUNTANCY AND MANAGEMENT (FAM) Course Plan 1. Course Code & Course Name: UKEA1073 PRINCIPLES OF MACROECONOMICS 2. Programme of Study: Bachelor of Accounting (Hons) 3. Year of Study: Year Two Year One 4. Year and Trimester: 201801 5. Credit Hour 3 credit hours 6. Lecturing & Tutoring hours 2 hours lecture per week for the duration of 14 weeks 1.5 hours tutorial per week for the duration of 14 weeks 7. Name(s) of Academic Staff: Lead Lecturer : Farida Bhanu bt Mohamed Yousoof B. Econ (Hons), MBA [email protected] 8. Moderator Ms Lee Sin Yee 9. Mode of Delivery: Lecture and Tutorial 10. Course Objective: The purpose of this course is to introduce the discipline of macroeconomics to students. It provides students with the fundamental understandings of theories and concepts of macroeconomics and prepares students with adequate skills to analyze and evaluate macroeconomic events 11. Course Learning Outcome: 1. To identify the measurement of macroeconomics variables 2. To apply the concept of ADAS, Aggregate Expenditure, fiscal & monetary policies to determine the effects(including the multiplier effects) on the macroeconomic objectives 3. To explain the creation of money and discuss the effects of international trade and exchange rate. 12. References: Main References: 1. McConnell, C.R., Brue, S.L & Flynn, S.M (2012). Economics. (19 t h ed.). Boston: McGraw-Hill, Prentice-Hall. Economics,19/e Additional References: 1. N. Gregory Mankiew (2011). Principles of Economics, 6 th ed., Cengage. 2. Parkin, M. (2005). Economics, 6th ed., Addison Wesley. 3. Case, K. E., and Fair, R.C. (2009). Principles of Economics , 9 th ed., Prentice-Hall. 4. Abel, A.B., and Bernanke, B.S (2005). Macroeconomics . 5 th ed., Addison-Wesley Course Plan of UKEA1073 Principles of Macroeconomics 1
Image of page 1

Subscribe to view the full document.

13. Assessment Methods : No. Method of Assessment Total 1. Coursework a) Mid-term Test (50 marks) 20% b) Assignment (50 marks) 20% Total 40% 40% 2. Final Examination 60% GRAND TOTAL 100% 1. Coursework Assessment (40%) Midterm Exam 20% Date: Week 7 (27 th February 2018, Tuesday) Duration: 1.5hours Coverage: Lecture 1 – Lecture 4 2. Group Assignment 20% Students from the same tutorial class shall form groups of FOUR (4) to FIVE (5) to work on this assignment. Students are advised to select a group leader. Submission is due on Week 9, 13 th March 2018(Tuesday latest by 4 p.m) 3. Final Examination (60%) The final examination for this subject will be 3 hours and will consist of TWO sections: Section A (40 marks) = 1 compulsory question. Section B (60 marks) = 3 questions in which students are required to answer any 2 questions. Format: Comprehensive Requirements of group assignment: 1. A group of FOUR or FIVE students from same tutorial class ONLY. 2. Confirmation of group member by Week 3. All students must belong to a group, otherwise he/she will be penalized. 3. Group leader has to submit (i) Confirmation of group member form by Week 3 and (ii) Topic selected for the assignment.
Image of page 2
Image of page 3

What students are saying

  • Left Quote Icon

    As a current student on this bumpy collegiate pathway, I stumbled upon Course Hero, where I can find study resources for nearly all my courses, get online help from tutors 24/7, and even share my old projects, papers, and lecture notes with other students.

    Student Picture

    Kiran Temple University Fox School of Business ‘17, Course Hero Intern

  • Left Quote Icon

    I cannot even describe how much Course Hero helped me this summer. It’s truly become something I can always rely on and help me. In the end, I was not only able to survive summer classes, but I was able to thrive thanks to Course Hero.

    Student Picture

    Dana University of Pennsylvania ‘17, Course Hero Intern

  • Left Quote Icon

    The ability to access any university’s resources through Course Hero proved invaluable in my case. I was behind on Tulane coursework and actually used UCLA’s materials to help me move forward and get everything together on time.

    Student Picture

    Jill Tulane University ‘16, Course Hero Intern

Ask Expert Tutors You can ask 0 bonus questions You can ask 0 questions (0 expire soon) You can ask 0 questions (will expire )
Answers in as fast as 15 minutes