You've reached the end of your free preview.
Want to read all 15 pages?
Unformatted text preview: Origins Reflection
September 22, 2019
Matthew Hampton Creation Account From Genesis 1-2 • The first chapter of Genesis gives us the story
of how God created the heavens and earth
out of the void.
• God created the heavens and the earth in 7
days. It narrates from the beginning, how
God created the Heavens and the Earth. The
following also proceeded as; Creation Account From Genesis 1-2 • 1st Day: God created Light; he separated it from
darkness. He called the light “day” and the
• 2nd Day: God created the Skies and the Oceans
and divides the two.
• 3rd Day: God created dry land, and all the
vegetation that is on it. For instance, pasture,
fruits, trees etc.
• 4th Day: God created the Sun and Moon; he
instructed one to control the light of day and one
to control the light of night. Creation Account From Genesis 1-2 • 5th Day: God created the birds and other animals
that lives in water.
• 6th Day: God created all the land animals and also
• 7th Day: God rests and says that all he has created
• God then consecrated the seventh day, so that
man may also rest on the seventh, just as he did. Creation Account From Genesis 1-2
• The second chapter of Genesis gives us an account of how humanity
came to populate the earth.
• We also see that God created Eden for man
"And the LORD God planted a garden eastward in Eden; and there he put the
man whom he had formed" (Genesis 2:8, KJV).
• After that, he gave man a female companion
From the stories told in Genesis 1-2, we can see that God is sovereign. He
created Eden as a dwelling place of worship Him. God wanted us to know
what is good and avoid evil. He as well gave man the free will to make
his/her own decisions. Personal Beliefs About the Origins of the Universe
• Young Earth Creationism
This theory is based solely on the actual statements of the Bible.
The Earth was created in 6, 24hour days. Just as the days we have now.
Believe that when the Bible states a single day, that God was speaking clearly
and literally and that’s how we should interpret it.
• Old Earth Creationism
The biblical recollection was an extended historical event.
Creation occurred over a long period.
Coincides with modern science.
• The Theistic Evolution View
Life evolved as mainstream scientists say
This evolution is guided and directed by God
The man was still created in God's image Personal Beliefs About the Origins of the Universe
• The is a difference between Evolutionary Creationism (EC) and
• Evolutionism is a more atheistic worldview which is based on the
biological evolution discussion (BioLogos, 2017).
• Evolutionary Creationism fully embraces what is taught in the bible.
• It just uses evaluation as a way to best describe how God brought
diversity on earth Personal Beliefs About the Origins of the Universe
• As someone who believes in Evolutionary Creationism, I still
believe that God is our sovereign creator.
"In the beginning, God created the heavens and the earth"
(Gen. 1:1, KJV)
• The Bible was written to help us best describe the creation
The evolutionary Creationism view may not fully align with
Christianity but there are a lot of similarities. Personal Beliefs About the Origins of the Universe
• We are all created in the likeness of God
"And God said, let us make man in our image..." (Genesis 1:26,
• “Humanity was created to love as God loves, to worship and
commune with him as he does with us, and to work as he
works” (Lecture 2, 2017).
• We all may have a different view on creation but as part of
the Christian faith, we all believe in the love of God and for
all of his creations. How My Beliefs About Origins Impact My Worldview • I believe in a mixture of Old Earth Creationism and
• I believe our timeline can be solved by modern
science, and some geographical records as well as
logical analyzing some quotes from the Bible. From 2
Peter 3:8, which states that “For a thousand years in
your sight are like a day that has just gone by, or like
a watch in the night”. How My Beliefs About Origins Impact My Worldview • I believe God is the powerhouse behind all things.
• I believe that the Earth was created over a long
period, and in that time, I think that God powered
• Evolution would have taken thousands and
thousands of years; I think that maybe God used
that time during the extended creation to prefect
certain creatures. How My Beliefs About Origins Impact My Worldview • I am open-minded. I am not set strictly in my ways. I
believe that the Bible, like all things philosophical,
are open for interpretation.
• I agree with some scientific explanations and that
makes it easier for me to interact with those having
• I believe that God is the powerhouse behind all
• I believe that science can show what God created. How My Beliefs About Origins Impact My Worldview • My beliefs that God created the Universe sets my
belief in God and praise of him as our creator.
• I also believe all other parts of the Bible, thus
leading me to believe that God only can judge and
save us from an eternity in hell. How My Beliefs About Origins Impact My Worldview • God commanded man in Genesis to care for the
• I believe that we as humankind, and humanity
should care for the earth and the animals, it
• I believe that humanity has the power to be good,
however in society today, we tend to rely on our
own wisdom which has mostly been futile. References
BioLogos. (2017). How is BioLogos different from Evolutionism,
Intelligent Design, and Creation? Retrieved from BioLogos:
Lecture 2. (2017). CWV-101: Christian Worldview.
Phoenix, AZ: Grand Canyon University. ...
View Full Document
- Fall '10