Unformatted text preview: Determine and Interpret
the interquartile Range .
interquartile range, (DOR ): the range of the middle
50/ of the observable
in a data set . - 1QR - Q3 - Q, -
3 5 1 The 5 - # summary and Boxplots
compute the five - number
explain exploratory data analysis : "detective wor- numerical
detective work- or graphical detective work" goal is to
collect and present evidence.
The five number summary :
Draw and interpret
Drawing a Box plot:
1. Determine Lower and upper fences
2. Draw # line which includes
3. Label the lower / upper fences
4. Draw line from Qi - Min and draw a
line from Qs - Max : Whiskers
5. any data lower than the lower fence
larger then the upper fence are outliers....
View Full Document
- Fall '08
- Interquartile range, Draw line