Enter the appropriate word(s) to complete the statement.
When you draw a flowchart, you use a(n) ___Parallelogram_________________ to represent the input symbol, which
indicates an input operation.
2. Whole number variables are known as _____Integer_______________ variables.
programmer would approach a problem by dividing the process into
4. Declaring a starting value is known as ___Initializing ____________ the variable.
5. ________Housekeeping___________ tasks include any steps you must perform at the beginning of a program to get
ready for the rest of the program.
is the sequence of steps necessary to solve any problem.
A preselected value that stops the execution of a program is often called a(n) ________dummy____________ value
because it does not represent real data.
When instructions are carried out, a program runs, or _______executes_____________.
9. Each programming language has a few reserved _______Keywords _____________ that are not allowed as variable
names because they are part of the language’s syntax.
10. Program _____comments______________ are written explanations that are not part of the program logic but that
serve as documentation for readers of the program.
Indicate the answer choice that best completes the statement or answers the question.
11. The major difference between the two main programming styles in use today is the __a__.
use of flowcharts versus pseudocode
testing procedure used by the programmer
programmer’s focus during the earliest planning stages of a project
programming language used
12. In a flowchart, an __b__ is most often represented by a three-sided box that is connected to the step it references by a