Unformatted text preview: 8/29
T. The Formation of Bonds withe las bow
- Carbon has a valence electrons the attack themselves
to other elements , filling its shell . I'm organic chemistry these
bonds are usually single (signs) or double ( signa and of)
covalent bonds .
- When carbon has four single bonds this foruse a tetrahedron
shape , with band angles at 139.50
H . . O . . N. .C .
Carbon dioxide ( CO, ) is often considered inorganic as it
lacks hydrogen butit is will important to the living world as
the source of carbon for all organic molecules in organizers
I Molecular Diversity Arising from Carbon Skeleton Variations
- Carbon chalus form the skeletons of most organic molecules
" The variation in carbon skeletons is one important source of the
molecular complexity and diversity that dicrackerize living matter .-
. A hydrocarbon is an organic molecule that consists of only
carbon and hydrogen.
- Although hydrocarbons are not prevalent in most Iwing organisms .
many of the cell's organic molecules have regions consisting of
only carbon and hydrogen .
- They can undergo reactions that release a relatively large amounts
of energy ( combustion reactions)...
View Full Document
- Fall '15