Unformatted text preview: Logic Test 18
Multiple guess, 2 points each.
I A valid argument must have all true premises and a true conclusion.
1. "If Bob drank all the beer, them by is full, but since he did not drink any beer, he is not full" This argument is
3. "All dogs are mammals, and no mammals are fish, so no dogs are fish." This argument is at
valid / b. imalid
4. A valid argument cannot have a false premise and a false conclusion
5 "All wines are beverages. Chardonnay is a beverage. Therefore, Chardonnay is a wine." This argument is;
a. valid, by invalid
6. All valid arguments must have troy conclusions.
a true / b. false
Ararat are not dragare
7. Any argument with all false promises and a false conclusion is either weak or invalid. car be bel
a. true / b. false
8. "The attack on Pearl Harbor happened in either 1941 or 1951, It didn't happen in 1941, Therefore, it
happened in 1951." This argument is
fa. valid / b, invalid
9. "Every previous US president died in office, Therefore, the next US president will probably die in office."
This argument is
BInductive / h. deductive
10. No valid argument can have a false premise.
a. Inge ( b. false
1 1. A bad argument must necessarily have a false conclusion.
5 false v
12:"Harry will not be able to solve this difficult calculus problem in fifteen minutes, He never got past algets
and he got a D in that." This argument is
& Andactive y b. deductive
13. "Some cowboys are bears, and all bears are lions. Therefore, some cowboys are lions." This argument is.
fa valid / b. invalid
14. Some arguments me more valid than others
[ 5. "Some lawyers are politicans and some politicians are women. Therefore, some lawyers are women." T
( b. invalid...
View Full Document
- Fall '19