Unformatted text preview: 16. "It rained twice in the last thirty years on this date. Therefore it will rain today." This argument is:
a. inductive y b, deductive
necessary for rail
17. "If it is raining, then it is cloudy. It is not cloudy. Therefore it is not raining " This argument is:
a. valid / b. invalid
18. J'If a singer is a rock singer, then he isn't a jazz singer, Bill isn't a jazz singer, so he must be a rock singer."
This argument is:
a. valid b. invalid
19. A valid argument cannot have all true premises and a false conclusion.
B. true / b. false
20. "If Hiram can win, then so can Martha. If Martha can win, then Fred can win. So if Hiram can win, then
Fred can win." This argument is:
a. valid / b, invalid
21. "All dinosaurs are birds, and Godzilla is a dinosaur. Therefore Godzilla is a bird." This argument is.
22. The argument in #21 is:
a. valid, / b. invalid
23. All syllogisms are valid. a few
24. "It rains 300 days out of the year in Tacoma. So it will probably rain today." This argument is:
a. inductive / b. deductive
/25. "All athletes are geniuses and all scholars are geniuses. Therefore, all athletes are scholars." This argument
b. invalid /...
View Full Document
- Fall '19