Exam 1 Study Guide
MA 114 Section 3 – William Hawkins
Exam 2 will cover the following topics:
1. Calculate the inverse of 2
2 matrices (The formula will be given on the exam) and
2. Explain the use of the matrix inverse in solving linear equations. Tell whether the the
inverse of a matrix exists based on whether or not a system of equations has a solution.
3. Write down the population dynamics matrix for a given population model, and compute
the future population.
4. Graph linear inequalities (5.1).
5. Know the general formulation and theory behind Linear Programming.
encompass the parts of a linear program, like the objective function and constraints,
and the theory like the Fundamental Theorem of Linear Programming, what a feasible
region is, and what a corner point is. (5.2)
6. Be able to solve a linear program with two decision variables using the graphing
7. Describe, in words, the simplex method. (5.3-5.4)