Unformatted text preview: Hernando County School Board
Community Service Project Proposal
Name: Shawna _ Delkth
Date of Birth: July 221 2004
District ID #0120600
Graduation Year: 2022
High School Weeki Wachee Highschool
Community Service is defined as identifying a social issue in the community. This requires students to look beyond themselves and reach
out to an issue faced by our society today (i.e. poverty, abuse, elderly rights). These hours will meet the requirement for Bright Futures
Volunteer Service is defined as
assisting where needed and does not necessarily address a social issue. These hours are not recorded on the transcript, students can
keep a log of these activities for use when applying for college, job applications, awards and other scholarships other than the Bright
Futures. Volunteer Service hours do not count for Bright Futures.
Please answer the following questions:
1. Is this community service court-mandated or a result of a school disciplinary action?
2. Is this an activity that will benefit you financially or materially?
3. Is this an activity within your family?
. Is this activity a form of religious devotion or an activity that can be seen as proselytizing?
Is this an activity with no responsible leader onsite?
Is this activity a donation (i,e. Locks of Love, giving blood)?
7. Are you receiving a academic credit for this service work?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, this activity cannot be approved because it is against district policy.
The social issue I will address is:
1. The preservation of the environment and/or the protection of historical sites
2. The promotion of health, welfare, or safety in the community
3. The improvement of the standard of living for residents of our-community
-4. The encouragement of the growth of the arts in our community
5. The improvement and enrichment in the lives of the mentally and/or physically disabled in our community
6. The promotion of a quality of life for the senior citizens of our community
7. The provision of leadership, guidance, academic enrichment & activities for the youth of our community
8. I will be participating in a business or government internship, working (unpaid) for a non-profit organization, or
will be participating in activities on behalf on a candidate for public office.
9. I will be participating in a fundraising activity for a nationally recognized non-profit organization or charity.
Specify organization or charity:
10. Other, clearly explain:
How will you address this issue? I will be assisting the teacher and students with a
variety of classroom learning activities
Name of Agency: Winding
Phone Number: (352)-797-7098
I attest that the above named student will perform their community service as described above.
Agency Contact Name Meagan Duno Signature:
Parent Signature: Dowent Well !
5/ 21/ 19
Student Signature : Shewaer Died
The Community Service Project Proposal form must be completed and approved by your counselor PRIOR to starting the
community service project. Failing to do so may result in the hours not counting towards Bright Futures Scholarship.
2. Guidance Counselor Signature of Approval:
3. A copy of this must go in the student's cumulative folder.
Please Note: This is not the application for Bright Futures scholarships. Students must complete the initial student Florida Financial Aid Application (FFAA) during
their last year of high school. It is the student and parent responsibility to monitor your eligibility for Bright futures, you may view your evaluation and the other
requirements online at ...
View Full Document
- Spring '17
- Jane Smith