Unformatted text preview: AaBbCcDdEe
xes, and improvements, choose Check for Updates.
1. Will small continue to be beautiful in this case? Create a SWOT analysis and a potential strategic
approach using this to guide your thoughts. What would you focus on as the major priorities and in
what order and why?
1.BCB understood the cultural diversity of India
1.Limited menu at slightly higher prices, hence
not leading to increasing the clientele base.
2. They had a secret recipe for chutney and their
USP which was the customers' favourite.
2. They had limited shop space which gives them
only small working space.
3. They had an in-depth understanding of the
coffee industry in India.
3.BCB is losing the ability to attract the younger
generation to new entrants due to varying taste
4. Good management team who are able to take
quick and critical decision when it matters.
4.Lack of financial resources for expansion
5.BCB has the experience in preparation of the
making location far from its loyal customers.
India local dishes.
1. There is a huge market opportunity available
1. Entry of foreign brands and multinational
for both vertical and horizontal expansion.
companies in the food industry especially of fast
food services poses a threat to BCB
2. An opportunity to grow the business by
targeting the youth.
2. Globalization has affected the eating habits of
the younger generation giving them a high
3. BCB is already a house hold name in Bangalore
affinity for the westernized and processed food.
and therefore creates opportunities for growth.
3. The fear of losing the millennials to fast food
4. Opportunity to utilize the business expertise of
the family members.
4. The aggressive promotions and product
5. Increasing per-capita income and increased
offerings of MNCs are poaching the millennials
urbanization gives an opportunity to grow the
away from traditional restaurants.
View Full Document
- Fall '19