TUTORIAL 5.docx - TUTORIAL 5 BUDGETING Question 1 Mynor Corporation manufactures and sells a seasonal product that has peak sales in the third quarter

TUTORIAL 5.docx - TUTORIAL 5 BUDGETING Question 1 Mynor...

This preview shows page 1 - 2 out of 4 pages.

TUTORIAL 5 : BUDGETING Question 1 Mynor Corporation manufactures and sells a seasonal product that has peak sales in the third quarter. The following information concerns operations for Year 2 – the coming year – and for the first two quarters of Year 3: a) The company’s single product sells for RM8 per unit. Budgeted sales in units for the next six quarters are as follows (all sales are on credit): Year 2 Quarter Year 3 Quarter 1 2 3 4 1 2 Budgeted unit sales 40,00 0 60,000 100,000 50,00 0 70,000 80,000 b) Sales are collected in the following pattern: 75% in the quarter the sales are made, and the remaining 25% in the following quarter. On 1 January, Year 2, the company’s showed RM65,000 in accounts receivable, all of which will be collected in the first quarter of the year. c) The company desires an ending finished goods inventory at the end of each quarter equal to 30% of the budgeted unit sales for the next quarter. On 31 December, Year 1, the company had 12,000 units on hand. d) 5kg of raw materials are required to complete one unit of product. The company requires ending raw materials inventory at the end of each quarter equal to 10% of the following quarter’s production needs. On 31 December, Year 1, the company had 23,000kg of raw materials in hand e) The raw material costs RM0.80 per pound. Raw material purchases are paid for in the following pattern: 60% paid in the quarter in the purchase are made, and the remaining 40% paid in the following quarter. On 1 January, Year 2, the company showed RM81,500 accounts payable for raw material purchases, all of which will be paid in the first quarter of the year.
Image of page 1
Image of page 2

You've reached the end of your free preview.

Want to read all 4 pages?

  • Spring '16
  • kamal

What students are saying

  • Left Quote Icon

    As a current student on this bumpy collegiate pathway, I stumbled upon Course Hero, where I can find study resources for nearly all my courses, get online help from tutors 24/7, and even share my old projects, papers, and lecture notes with other students.

    Student Picture

    Kiran Temple University Fox School of Business ‘17, Course Hero Intern

  • Left Quote Icon

    I cannot even describe how much Course Hero helped me this summer. It’s truly become something I can always rely on and help me. In the end, I was not only able to survive summer classes, but I was able to thrive thanks to Course Hero.

    Student Picture

    Dana University of Pennsylvania ‘17, Course Hero Intern

  • Left Quote Icon

    The ability to access any university’s resources through Course Hero proved invaluable in my case. I was behind on Tulane coursework and actually used UCLA’s materials to help me move forward and get everything together on time.

    Student Picture

    Jill Tulane University ‘16, Course Hero Intern

Stuck? We have tutors online 24/7 who can help you get unstuck.
A+ icon
Ask Expert Tutors You can ask You can ask You can ask (will expire )
Answers in as fast as 15 minutes
A+ icon
Ask Expert Tutors