Unformatted text preview: Ch. 4: The Nursing Process: Critical Thinking +
Decision making :
Key Terms :
- Care plan: A documented plan For giving patient
care that includes physician's orders, Nurse diagnosis + Nursing
- Collaborative intervention : Involves working w / other
health care professionals
- Critical Thinking : using skillful reasoning and
logical thought to determine the muartist of a belief / action
- Defining Characteristics : The Signs and Symptoms
exhibited by the patient .
- Dependent intervention : Requires a health - care
- Direct patient care: The nurse interacts directly w/
the patient, / Bathing + administering meds .
- Expected outcome : statements of measurable
laction for the patients paidwall
20012 C SX
- Independent Intervention : can be performed wo
consulting anyone else .
- Indirect patient Care : The nurse assists in a
Setting other than w / the patient / docum . care + receiving
- Nursing Diagnosis: Labels a problem resulting
From a medical diagnosis?
- Nursing Goal : overall direction to improve
- Nursing process ; Decision - making frame work to
determine patient needs + care .
- Objective Data : Things that are observable through
the senses of hearing, Sight , smell + touch .
- Primary Data: Information provided by the
patient (: shot wordto) of
- Rapport : The creation of mutual trust and
- Secondary Data : Information obtained from family
members, friends, and patient's chart....
View Full Document
- Fall '15