Beowulf: Study GuideThe Wrath of Grendel1. Who is Hrothgar?King of the Danes (Denmark). He built Harot 2. What is Herot?
3. Describe Grendel using 4 specific details from the text.
4. What irritates Grendel and becomes his motive for attacking Herot?
5. Give a detail of Grendel’s attack.
6. Name a specific ancient ancestor of Grendel.
7. What happens to Herot?(lines 60-62)
8. Who is Beowulf?
9. Name the country from which Beowulf comes.
10. Who is Higlac, and how is Beowulf related to him? (lines 109-111)
11. What does Beowulf decide to do? Why?
12. Why did Beowulf’s kinsmen urge him to go?
13. How did Beowulf hear about the wrath of Grendel?
14. What are the accomplishments Beowulf states he’s done? (Give two; lines 151-160)
15. What request does Beowulf make of Hrothgar? (Be specific)
16. Why wouldn’t the Danes have to sew shrouds for the