Unformatted text preview: Page
d) No one can be made better off without making someone else worse off.
20. Demand for a normal good (1 word, actually 2 words) increases when income increases.
21. When a negative externality exists, marginal social (one word) cost is greater than marginal
private (one word) cost.
22. Which of the following is a valid hypothesis (as opposed to a prediction) in natural science:
a) Transplant of seep willow will increase NO, in removal sites and decrease NO, in
b) Larger plants will have a larger effect on reducing NO concentration.
c) Plants cause NO, decline through organic matter release and stimulation of microbial
d) Removal and transplant will not cause any changes in NO3.
23. Which of the following scientific methods is best suited for making long-term predications,
e.g., sea level in 2100? (Circle one.)
a) Mathematical models.
b) Observation studies
c) Manipulative experiments.
24. Which of the following is NOT true for BOTH carbon tax and cap-and-trade systems?
s. ucdavis. edu/courses/368915/files/folder/Exam stuff?preview=7059021
View Full Document
- Fall '08