Unformatted text preview: 1. FALSE True or false? "Inclusion" means including students in special
education resource rooms with trained special education teachers.
2. TRUE True or false? Before 1970, many students with disabilities did not
attend public school.
3. FALSE True or false? "LRE" means Literacy and Remedial Education.
4. List one LAW related to special education or students with disabilities (abbreviation is fine):
ADA (Americans with Disabilities Act)
Rehabilitation Act of 1973 (Section 504)
DEA- Individuals with Disabilities Education Act
5. Describe one RIGHT (hint: part of a law) that is guaranteed for children or parents under special education law:
FAPE- Free Appropriate Public Education
Due Process/Procedural Safeguards
LRE- Least Restrictive Environment
Parent and Family Rights
6. Briefly describe the purpose of the field experiences in this course.
You can find this information on page 5 of the Syllabus.
7. In this course, you will get points for:
a. Writing a weekly journal
c. Midterm and final exams
d. Writing thank you notes to people in the field placements
e. A, B, and C
f. All of the above...
View Full Document
- Winter '18