Unformatted text preview: True or False?
1. FALSE In the Mooney reading, Jonathan always felt like he wanted to connect
with other people with disabilities.
2. TRUE FAPE means Free Appropriate Public Education.
3. TRUE If a student is diabetic, she can get a 504 Plan.
4. Give a brief definition or example of "LAE" in special education.
LRE= Least Restrictive Environment. Examples include (not limited to):
General education classrooms with push in services
General education classrooms with pull out services
Segregated special education rooms (resource rooms)
5. What are two ways that 504 plans are different from IEPs? (each count as 1 point)
An IEP is for students with disabilities that impact their education. A 504 Plan is for students with health impairments that do not significantly impact education and may be temporary.
An IEP covers students with disabilities in Prek- 12" grade while a 504 Plan covers a student in college (provided the school receives federal funding).
6. Describe two special features in the Meyer, Rose, & Gordon reading that you couldn't have with a printed book.
You will need to explore this online book on your own to determine special features. See Blackboard for the appropriate link....
View Full Document
- Winter '18