Chapter 9 Quiz.docx - Chapter 9 Quiz Subsection Question 1 2 2 points The mean number of travel days per year for salespeople employed by three hardware

Chapter 9 Quiz.docx - Chapter 9 Quiz Subsection Question 1...

This preview shows page 1 - 3 out of 7 pages.

Chapter 9 Quiz Subsection Question 1 2 / 2 points The mean number of travel days per year for salespeople employed by three hardware distributors needs to be estimated with a 0.90 degree of confidence. For a small pilot study, the mean was 150 days and the standard deviation was 14 days. If the population mean is estimated within two days, how many salespeople should be sampled? 133 452 511 2,100 Vie w Feedback Question 2 2 / 2 points There are 2,000 eligible voters in a precinct. A total of 500 voters are randomly selected and asked whether they plan to vote for the Democratic incumbent or the Republican challenger. Of the 500 surveyed, 350 said they would vote for the Democratic incumbent. Using the 0.99 confidence coefficient, what are the confidence limits for the proportion that plan to vote for the Democratic incumbent? 0.647 and 0.753 0.612 and 0.712 0.397 and 0.797 0.826 and 0.926 Vie w Feedback Question 3 2 / 2 points The mean weight of trucks traveling on a particular section of I-475 is not known. A state highway inspector needs an estimate of the population mean. He selects and weighs a random sample of 49 trucks and finds the mean weight is 15.8 tons. The population standard deviation is 3.8 tons. What is the 95% confidence interval for the population mean? 14.7 and 16.9 13.2 and 17.6 10.0 and 20.0 16.1 and 18.1 Vie w
Image of page 1
Feedback Question 4 2 / 2 points Which of the following is a point estimate for the population mean (µ)? σ x/n x-bar s Vie w Feedback Question 5 2 / 2 points What is the interpretation of a 96% confidence level? There's a 96% chance that the given interval includes the true value of the population parameter. Approximately 96 out of 100 such intervals would include the true value of the population parameter. There's a 4% chance that the given interval does not include the true value of the population parameter. The interval contains 96% of all sample means. Vie w Feedback Question 6 2 / 2 points Which statement(s) is/are correct about the t distribution?
Image of page 2
Image of page 3

You've reached the end of your free preview.

Want to read all 7 pages?

  • Summer '14
  • AsliKOgunc

What students are saying

  • Left Quote Icon

    As a current student on this bumpy collegiate pathway, I stumbled upon Course Hero, where I can find study resources for nearly all my courses, get online help from tutors 24/7, and even share my old projects, papers, and lecture notes with other students.

    Student Picture

    Kiran Temple University Fox School of Business ‘17, Course Hero Intern

  • Left Quote Icon

    I cannot even describe how much Course Hero helped me this summer. It’s truly become something I can always rely on and help me. In the end, I was not only able to survive summer classes, but I was able to thrive thanks to Course Hero.

    Student Picture

    Dana University of Pennsylvania ‘17, Course Hero Intern

  • Left Quote Icon

    The ability to access any university’s resources through Course Hero proved invaluable in my case. I was behind on Tulane coursework and actually used UCLA’s materials to help me move forward and get everything together on time.

    Student Picture

    Jill Tulane University ‘16, Course Hero Intern

Stuck? We have tutors online 24/7 who can help you get unstuck.
A+ icon
Ask Expert Tutors You can ask You can ask ( soon) You can ask (will expire )
Answers in as fast as 15 minutes
A+ icon
Ask Expert Tutors