syllabus2008

syllabus2008 - Syllabus – Econ 106E – Spring 2008 The...

Info iconThis preview shows pages 1–2. Sign up to view the full content.

View Full Document Right Arrow Icon

Info iconThis preview has intentionally blurred sections. Sign up to view the full version.

View Full DocumentRight Arrow Icon
This is the end of the preview. Sign up to access the rest of the document.

Unformatted text preview: Syllabus – Econ 106E – Spring 2008 The Economics of Entrepreneurship Instructor: Prof. Daniel Ackerberg Class Hours: TR 3:30-4:50, Dodd 161 Office Hours: Wednesday 2:30-4:30, Bunche 8379 Course Description: This course will apply insights from economic theory to the practice of starting a new business or expanding a current business. The course will combine elements of strategy, marketing, and entrepreneurial finance courses as typically taught in a business school and an industrial organization class as taught in an economics department. We start by examining general issues regarding entrepreneurship, in particular the search for markets that can support entrepreneurial profits. The next section turns to specific strategic decisions that entrepreneurs make: pricing, advertising, product location, deterring entry by competitors, etc. The last section examines practical issues in entrepreneurship, e.g. finding capital, business plans, and patent protection. Course Requirements: Problem Sets (2) – 10% “Pre” Business Plan – 20% Midterm Exam – (May 8) – 25% Final Exam – (June 9 – 6:30-9:30PM) – 45% Notes: Late problem sets will not be accepted and there will be no makeup midterm. Since the final is cumulative, students with an acceptable excuse for not being able to make the midterm (e.g. confirmed sickness) will have 70% weight put on the final....
View Full Document

This note was uploaded on 04/02/2008 for the course ECON 106E taught by Professor Ackerberg during the Spring '08 term at UCLA.

Page1 / 5

syllabus2008 - Syllabus – Econ 106E – Spring 2008 The...

This preview shows document pages 1 - 2. Sign up to view the full document.

View Full Document Right Arrow Icon
Ask a homework question - tutors are online