Notes_6_17_09 - -[Exclusive] co-publishing (50/50) deal-you...

Info iconThis preview shows page 1. Sign up to view the full content.

View Full Document Right Arrow Icon
MUSB 1305 – notes - 6/17/09 **July 8th-tour manager** -To get a synchronization license you have to go to the publisher and the then the recording company -Performance incomes get paid out by PRO’s -BMI started by broadcasters **You go to the Library of Congress to copyright your song, and the US Copyright falls under the Library of Congress** 1 copyright=1 song 50% Writer's Share 50% Publisher's Share
Background image of page 1
This is the end of the preview. Sign up to access the rest of the document.

Unformatted text preview: -[Exclusive] co-publishing (50/50) deal-you sell half of your publishing share; the publishers share is split in half-100% deal-publishers own 100% of publishers share (50% of the copyright)-Administration deal-Single song deal-sell 50% of your publishers share for only one song **If youre signed to a publisher, you cannot sign to another publishing deal**...
View Full Document

This note was uploaded on 06/23/2009 for the course MUSB 1305 taught by Professor Gillespie during the Summer '09 term at Austin Community College.

Ask a homework question - tutors are online