This preview has intentionally blurred sections. Sign up to view the full version.View Full Document
Unformatted text preview: Chem 118 C / SSI / 2006 / Sample Test-1 / Nambiar I. . . Draw the structure of the expected organic omduetCs) fat-med in the following
reactions. Unless qtenttoned otherwise. you can assume that all reagents are present in
excess. If no teacuon occurs. write “No Reaction“. \ 1) coon H+
C, ~ ——-*
' H ‘ I. CHsMgBr ' 2) R-COOR' _____ﬁ
2 H+ / H20 1. R—Li .
"3) CH3COOH _ 4
2. H+IHzo CrOs/HUHO
4) R-CHzOH 2 . l. KCN 5) R—CHzBr I ~
2.LiA1H4 6) H20 I 0°C
RCONHR' .P/ Br:
7) R—CHzCOOH I 8) logo R-OH/Pyridine
Go’- 1. [(CH3)2CH-CH2]2A1 H‘
2. H“ / H20 9) R-COOR' [L Show detailed reaction mechanism for the following reactions. 0 l. N O H O A -
¢ a HI 2 / (621011
§ 2. H+IHzo
. 2. '
, H“ I H20 I A
R-CN _, R-COOH
III. Show how on Would carry out the followin unnsf mud h '
magents you would use 1);: each stop and the structure of thgc mmﬁmoggzuﬂfgé
1. RCHzBr newcomers; 2. CHéCOOCH3 CH3C0CH3 W. Provide a systematic name or draw the strucmrc as appropriate for the
following compounds. 1. .(CH3)2CHCH2COOH 2. N02 —@—COOCH3 3. CH3-CH2-CH(Br)-CONHz
4,. Ethyl 3-aminopmpanoatc .
5. Ethanoic mothanoic anhydridc V. . . Com and A (CsHyozBr) up on heating with neon: sodium hydrondc'
followed by acicEgcation with HCl (2M) gave oompound 13071-302319. Compound B up on reacting ﬁrst with P313 and than dicthyl amine gave compound C (CHI-11401436 wlaoEcpi-oton NMRspocu-um is givcn below. Doduoe the stmcuuu ot'oompoundsA. B
In . . ...
View Full Document
- Spring '09
- Organic chemistry