Phase 1.docx - Belarus is located in Eastern Europe It is bordered by Russia in northeast Ukraine in south Poland in West by Lithuania and Latvia to the

Phase 1.docx - Belarus is located in Eastern Europe It is...

This preview shows page 1 out of 1 page.

Belarus is located in Eastern Europe. It is bordered by Russia in northeast, Ukraine in south, Poland in West, by Lithuania and Latvia to the northwest. It is a former country of the Soviet Union which used to be composed of 15 countries. They dissolved into 15 countries on December 25, 1991 which ended the cold war with the United States of America. The terrain of Belarus is landlocked. Belarus is generally flat with abundant forests, marshlands, and fields. It is the largest landlocked country in Europe with an area of 208,000 km². It is a little smaller than the United Kingdom’s area which is 229,848 km². The population of Belarus is 9.5 million. Their literacy rate is 98% The capital of Belarus is Minsk, which is also the largest city in Belarus with a population of 1.8 million.
Image of page 1

You've reached the end of your free preview.

Want to read the whole page?

Unformatted text preview: Their spoken languages are Russian (70% of the population are familiar with it), Belarusian is their official language but only 24% of the population is familiar with it. The other 6% are Ukrainian and Polish. The majority of the population’s belief is Eastern Orthodox (80%) The remaining (20%) are other religions such as Roman Catholic, Greek Catholic, Protestant, Autocephalous Orthodox, Jewish, and Muslim. The natural resources found in Belarus are Forests, peat deposits, small quantities of oil and natural gas, granite, dolomitic limestone, marl, chalk, sand, gravel, clay. The top agricultural products of Belarus are Grain, potatoes, vegetables, sugar beets, flax; beef, milk. The currency of Belarus is Belarusian ruble (BYB/BYR)....
View Full Document

  • Fall '15
  • sallyortiz
  • Belarus

What students are saying

  • Left Quote Icon

    As a current student on this bumpy collegiate pathway, I stumbled upon Course Hero, where I can find study resources for nearly all my courses, get online help from tutors 24/7, and even share my old projects, papers, and lecture notes with other students.

    Student Picture

    Kiran Temple University Fox School of Business ‘17, Course Hero Intern

  • Left Quote Icon

    I cannot even describe how much Course Hero helped me this summer. It’s truly become something I can always rely on and help me. In the end, I was not only able to survive summer classes, but I was able to thrive thanks to Course Hero.

    Student Picture

    Dana University of Pennsylvania ‘17, Course Hero Intern

  • Left Quote Icon

    The ability to access any university’s resources through Course Hero proved invaluable in my case. I was behind on Tulane coursework and actually used UCLA’s materials to help me move forward and get everything together on time.

    Student Picture

    Jill Tulane University ‘16, Course Hero Intern

Stuck? We have tutors online 24/7 who can help you get unstuck.
A+ icon
Ask Expert Tutors You can ask You can ask You can ask (will expire )
Answers in as fast as 15 minutes
A+ icon
Ask Expert Tutors