{[ promptMessage ]}

Bookmark it

{[ promptMessage ]}

quiz2B - UCLA Econ 41 Statistics for Economists Second Quiz...

Info icon This preview shows pages 1–3. Sign up to view the full content.

View Full Document Right Arrow Icon
UCLA Econ 41 – Statistics for Economists Second Quiz, July 23, 20007 Version B Student Name: ____________________ (Last) __________________ (First) *Please write your registered name Student ID: ______-______-______ e-mail: ____________________ * Ex: 123 - 456 - 789 Signature: ______________________________ ******************************************************************** You need ONLY turn in THIS PAGE. (Answers written elsewhere will not be graded ) Your Answers: I. Multiple Choice: 1.____ 2.____ 3.____ 4.____ 5.____ (5 points each) 6.____ 7.____ 8.____ II. Essay Question (20 points, 10 pts each):
Image of page 1

Info icon This preview has intentionally blurred sections. Sign up to view the full version.

View Full Document Right Arrow Icon
1 I. Multiple Choices: only one is best answer (5 points each) 1. Suppose 20% of the cars produced by BMW have a problem with the steering wheel. The probability that a quality inspector detects a car that has such a problem is 80%. The probability that the inspector wrongly classifies a car with no problems as defective is 20%. If the inspector thinks that a randomly chosen BMWhas a problem, what is the probability that is has indeed a problem? a) 14/41 b) 3/10 c) 1/2 d) 9/10 e) None of the above 2. From the previous problem, now assume that every time the inspector thinks that a car is has a problem he takes the car out of the market (and the car won’t be offered for sale).
Image of page 2
Image of page 3
This is the end of the preview. Sign up to access the rest of the document.

{[ snackBarMessage ]}

What students are saying

  • Left Quote Icon

    As a current student on this bumpy collegiate pathway, I stumbled upon Course Hero, where I can find study resources for nearly all my courses, get online help from tutors 24/7, and even share my old projects, papers, and lecture notes with other students.

    Student Picture

    Kiran Temple University Fox School of Business ‘17, Course Hero Intern

  • Left Quote Icon

    I cannot even describe how much Course Hero helped me this summer. It’s truly become something I can always rely on and help me. In the end, I was not only able to survive summer classes, but I was able to thrive thanks to Course Hero.

    Student Picture

    Dana University of Pennsylvania ‘17, Course Hero Intern

  • Left Quote Icon

    The ability to access any university’s resources through Course Hero proved invaluable in my case. I was behind on Tulane coursework and actually used UCLA’s materials to help me move forward and get everything together on time.

    Student Picture

    Jill Tulane University ‘16, Course Hero Intern