2800 HW 1

2800 HW 1 - Natural Oil Byproduct) to generate steam for...

Info iconThis preview shows page 1. Sign up to view the full content.

View Full Document Right Arrow Icon
CH EN 2800 – Fundamentals of Process Engineering Spring 2008 HOMEWORK #1 Due Jan 14, 2008 Please… show your work write legibly and not in micro-font circle or put a box around your final answer 1. Book problem 1.2 2. Book problem 1.7 3. Book problem 1.10 4. Book problem 1.26 5. Book problem 1.31 6. Book problem 1.33 7. Book problem 2.11 8. Book problem 2.15 9. Book problem 2.29 10. Book problem 2.37 11. Book problem 2.41 12. Book problem 4.3 13. Book problem 4.5 14. An industrial boiler at a vegetable oil distillation plant co-fires coal and the distillate bottoms (NOB or
Background image of page 1
This is the end of the preview. Sign up to access the rest of the document.

Unformatted text preview: Natural Oil Byproduct) to generate steam for the operation. The boiler is operated such that 85% of the total heat input to the boiler comes from coal; the remaining 15% of the heat input comes from NOB. The analyses of the fuels, including moisture and ash, are below. C H O S Moisture Ash Heating Value FUEL wt% wt% wt% wt% wt% wt% Btu/lb Illinois #5 Coal 61.31 4.31 16.95 2.89 5.05 9.49 10,904 NOB 75.12 11.94 11.39 0.97 0.00 0.58 16,490 Calculate the molar fraction of each element (C, H, O, S) fed to the boiler on a dry, ash-free basis....
View Full Document

Ask a homework question - tutors are online