This preview shows page 1. Sign up to view the full content.
Unformatted text preview: /L.
Recall that 1.06 qt = 1 L.
12. Calculate the density of water in units of kilograms per cubic meter. Density = 1.00 g/cm3
13. The radius of an aluminum (Al) atom is 0.125 nm. How many Al atoms would have to be lined up in a
row to form a line 1 cm in length?
14. Convert atmospheric pressure from 14.7 pounds per square inch to megagrams per square centimeter.
15. Soft solder contains 70.0% tin and 30.0% lead by mass. If you had 10.0 g of tin, how many grams of
solder could you make? Back Forward Main Menu TOC Study Guide TOC Textbook Website MHHE Website Chemistry: The Study of Change / 2 1
16. Copper (Cu) is a trace element that is essential for nutrition. Newborn infants require 80 µg of Cu per
kilogram of body mass per day. The Cu content of a popular baby formula is 0.48 µg of Cu per milliliter.
How many milliliters of formula should a 7.0 lb baby consume per day to obtain the minimum daily Cu
17. It takes 31,000 J of energy to make 1.0 g of aluminum (Al) metal from th...
View Full Document
This note was uploaded on 09/15/2009 for the course CHEM 102 taught by Professor Bastos during the Spring '08 term at Adelphi.
- Spring '08