c. facilitated diffusion
d. simple diffusion.
6. The smallest functional unit of our bodies is:(This is not the same as above)
a. The cell.
b. The Molecule
c. The macro molecule.
d. The organelle
e. The Atom.
7. Which of the following correctly lists the levels of organization
from least complex to most complex?
a. cellular, tissue, chemical system, organ, organism
b. chemical, cellular, tissue, organ, system, organism
c. tissue, cellular, chemical, organ, system, organism
d. chemical, tissue, cellular, system, organ, organism
e. organism, system, organ, tissue cellular, chemical
8. Which of the following would decrease the rate of diffusion across a
a. increasing the rate of exergonic chemical reactions
b. adding folds in the plasma membrane
c. adding to the concentration on the outside
d. splitting the diffusing substance into smaller units
e. lowering the concentration on the outside
9. The system that plays the major role in regulating the volume and
chemical composition of blood, eliminating wastes, and regulating
fluid and electrolyte balance is the:
a. respiratory system.
b. cardiovascular system.
c. endocrine system.
d. urinary system.
e. integumentary system.
10. The predominant lipids in the lipid bilayer of human plasma