CmpE130Lab2 - CmpE130 Fall 2009 Lab 2 p. 1 CmpE130 Fall...

Info iconThis preview shows pages 1–3. Sign up to view the full content.

View Full Document Right Arrow Icon
CmpE130 Fall 2009 Lab 2 p. 1 Revised 17 Sept., 2009 CmpE130 Fall 2009 Lab Assignment 2 Due date : 1 Oct. Last day to submit : 22 Oct. Introduction This lab looks at the way information is stored in fields and records. Your program will read a source file from a real life application, extract the fields and print the result. Specification of the source data We will be extracting data from the site http://www.beachcalifornia.com/california-state-historical- landmarks.html . Select one of the counties and you should see something like this: NO. 1000 SITE OF INVENTION OF THE FIRST COMMERCIALLY PRACTICABLE INTEGRATED CIRCUIT - At this site in 1959, Dr. Robert Noyce of Fairchild Semiconductor Corporation invented the first integrated circuit that could be produced commercially. Based on 'planar' technology, an earlier Fairchild breakthrough, Noyce's invention consisted of a complete electronic circuit inside a small silicon chip. His innovation helped revolutionize 'Silicon Valley's' semiconductor electronics industry, and brought profound change to the lives of people everywhere. Location: 844 E Charleston Rd, Palo Alto NO. 1017 GILROY YAMATO HOT SPRINGS RESORT - Under the guidance of the George Room and William McDonald families during the years of 1865 of Francisco Cantua's discovery to the 1930s, Gilroy Hot Springs was a popular health and family resort oriented around a single hot mineral spring located near Coyote Creek. In 1938 the resort was purchased by H.K. Sakata, a successful Japanese American farmer from Watsonville. Renamed the Gilroy Yamato Hot Springs, it was the only Japanese American owned commercial hot springs in California. The resort served as a recreational and spiritual center for Japanese Americans before World War II and briefly as a hostel after the war for those returning from internment camps. Location: 9.5 mi NE of junction of New Ave and Roop Rd on Hot Springs Rd, Gilroy Listed on the National Register of Historic Places: NPS-95000906 NO. 249 OLD ADOBE WOMAN'S CLUB - This adobe, among the oldest in Santa Clara Valley, was one of several continuous rows of homes built in 1792-1800 as dwellings for the Indian families of Mission Santa Clara. It links the Franciscan padres' labors with California of today. Location: 3260 The Alameda between Benton and Franklin Sts, Santa Clara
Background image of page 1

Info iconThis preview has intentionally blurred sections. Sign up to view the full version.

View Full DocumentRight Arrow Icon
CmpE130 Fall 2009 Lab 2 p. 2 Revised 17 Sept., 2009 NO. 250 OLD SITES OF MISSION SANTA CLARA DE ASIS AND OLD SPANISH BRIDGE - The first mission in this valley, Mission Santa Clara de Thamien, was established at this site by Franciscan Padres Tomás de la Peña and Joseph Antonio Marguia January 17, 1777. Here, at the Indian village of So-co-is-u-ka, they erected a cross and shelter for worship to bring Christianity to the Costanoan Indians. Location:
Background image of page 2
Image of page 3
This is the end of the preview. Sign up to access the rest of the document.

Page1 / 5

CmpE130Lab2 - CmpE130 Fall 2009 Lab 2 p. 1 CmpE130 Fall...

This preview shows document pages 1 - 3. Sign up to view the full document.

View Full Document Right Arrow Icon
Ask a homework question - tutors are online