QUIZ_04_022508_sol

QUIZ_04_022508_sol - Option A Expected production cost(in...

Info icon This preview shows page 1. Sign up to view the full content.

View Full Document Right Arrow Icon
ISE310 Spring 2008 Session 11 02/25/08 Quiz 04 Name_______________________ Please do all your work on this paper. I have a choice two locations for my next facility. Location A has a projected construction cost of $30,000,000 with a probability of .8, and a construction cost of $35,000,000 with a probability of .2. The estimated annual profit at this location has a 40% chance of being $10,000,000 and a 60 % chance of $12,000,000. The life of the project is 5 years. The data for location B are $40,000 with a probability of 0.7, $43,000,000 with a probability of .3. Profit of $13,000,000 with a probability of 0.3, $15,000,000 with a probability of 0.7. At a discount rate of 10%, which location would you choose?
Image of page 1
This is the end of the preview. Sign up to access the rest of the document.

Unformatted text preview: Option A Expected production cost (in $M) = 0.8(30)+0.2(35) = 31 Expected annual profit = .4(10) + .6(12) = 11.2 Present value of the profit = 11.2 (1/1.1+1/1.1^2+1/1.1^3+1/1.1^4+1/1.1^5) = $42.46 Net present value or worth of location A = $11.46M Option B Expected production cost (in $M) = 0.7(40)+0.3(43) = 40.9 Expected annual profit = .3(13) + .7(15) = 14.4 Present value of the profit = 14.4 (1/1.1+1/1.1^2+1/1.1^3+1/1.1^4+1/1.1^5) = $54.59 Net present value or worth of location A = $13.69M Option B is better. Both are excellent as they exceed the discount rate substantially? How would you determine the actual rate of return?...
View Full Document

{[ snackBarMessage ]}

What students are saying

  • Left Quote Icon

    As a current student on this bumpy collegiate pathway, I stumbled upon Course Hero, where I can find study resources for nearly all my courses, get online help from tutors 24/7, and even share my old projects, papers, and lecture notes with other students.

    Student Picture

    Kiran Temple University Fox School of Business ‘17, Course Hero Intern

  • Left Quote Icon

    I cannot even describe how much Course Hero helped me this summer. It’s truly become something I can always rely on and help me. In the end, I was not only able to survive summer classes, but I was able to thrive thanks to Course Hero.

    Student Picture

    Dana University of Pennsylvania ‘17, Course Hero Intern

  • Left Quote Icon

    The ability to access any university’s resources through Course Hero proved invaluable in my case. I was behind on Tulane coursework and actually used UCLA’s materials to help me move forward and get everything together on time.

    Student Picture

    Jill Tulane University ‘16, Course Hero Intern