{[ promptMessage ]}

Bookmark it

{[ promptMessage ]}

quiz#3 - SoLUTioNS MAE 105A Quiz No 3 1 Steam enters an...

Info iconThis preview shows page 1. Sign up to view the full content.

View Full Document Right Arrow Icon
Background image of page 1
This is the end of the preview. Sign up to access the rest of the document.

Unformatted text preview: SoLUTioNS MAE 105A 2/17/09 Quiz No. 3 1. Steam enters an adiabatic turbine at a rate of 10 kgis at 3.5 MPa and 3500 C. At a point where the pressure is 1 MPa and temperature is 2500 C, 15% of the mass flow is extracted from the turbine and the remaining 85% is expanded in the turbine further to exit at 30 kPa and 90% quality. Determine the power output of the turbine. 2. Steam is to be condensed by direct injection of cold water. The steam enters the condenser at a rate of 450 kg/h with a quality of 0.90 and a pressure of 1 atm. The estimated heat loss from the condenser to the surroundings is 8500 kJ/h. If the cold water enters with a temperature of 15°C and the mixture of condensate and cooling water leave at 950C; determine the rate of the cooling water required. @ cbig'watu 15:: d) Prebfzm 47:! 7 to “3/5 _ I 3-5 1‘2?“ ' I. 350C (9; Flksf' Law , P74352914 #2 Zn'qnq F:)Lsi.'Law: . L L Negiecfrhji KE. 41 PE change; m In : . . . , D I i Q + mjhl + ”3th ”fish; WT i; ' ' ' M as (eraser\laihissmN m , 10 its/5 h, : 3’03*5 gar/543 m3 3 WNW/’2, C q , , h, : 39+ xihfg', "3419.01: +o.q-(2267.c9 : 2450 Raf/£3 5; : big“; :: 52-h .C‘ h 2: 397-76 .’ 52 5.2942, ref/£3 gggsqew-Q (23353 .2: 23631.5 iii/m 007-: onyazrfi)’[<i‘5><m423 a? 3) ’1 has} Q‘soc; f'... as oo +4-50(245o) + Maw-2'“) I . :5 GEO-r502) (397.96) Solve. for ”in. n I-mz: 9-730 big/A ...
View Full Document

{[ snackBarMessage ]}