Decision Trees first example.doc - Decision Trees The manager of an events-organising business has to decide between holding a fund-raising auction

Decision Trees first example.doc - Decision Trees The...

This preview shows page 1 - 2 out of 2 pages.

Decision Trees The manager of an events-organising business has to decide between holding a fund-raising auction indoors or outdoors. The financial success of the event depends not only on the weather but also on the decision to hold it indoors or outdoors.The table below shows the expected net financial returns or pay-offs from the event for each of these different circumstances. WeatherIndoors OutdoorsFine€5,000€10,000Poor€7,000€4,000From past weather records there is a 60% chance of fine weather and a 40% chance of it being poor. The indoor event will cost €2,000 to arrange and the outdoor event will cost €3,000.Draw a decision tree to illustrate the decision being made.
Garage Decision TreeThe owner of a car repair garage is planning to expand the business. The two options are to build a forecourt to sell petrol

  • Left Quote Icon

    Student Picture

  • Left Quote Icon

    Student Picture

  • Left Quote Icon

    Student Picture