KPER 1400- Week 1.pptx - Welcome to KPER 1400 Concepts of Recreation and Leisure Pinar Eskicioglu \u2022 a little bit about me \u2022 B.Kin and M.Sc at U of M

KPER 1400- Week 1.pptx - Welcome to KPER 1400 Concepts of...

This preview shows page 1 - 15 out of 40 pages.

Welcome to KPER 1400 Concepts of Recreation and Leisure
Image of page 1
Pinar Eskicioglu a little bit about me B.Kin and M.Sc at U of M Work full time at the U of M as Fort Garry’s REB Officer Leisure activities include: Traveling Shopping Spending time with my dog Spending time with family and friends Volunteering with Manitoba Mutts Dog Rescue
Image of page 2
Attendance
Image of page 3
Textbook Hardcopies are available at the bookstore. There is also a copy of this textbook on 2-hour reserve at Dafoe Library.
Image of page 4
What you will learn Leisure’s historical foundations in Canada Differences between leisure and recreation Leisure services Community development in leisure and recreation Significance of recreation and leisure in your life, and society
Image of page 5
Evaluations Due Date: Assessment Tool Value of Final Grade January 20, 2020 Term Test #1 20% March 4, 2020 Term Test #2 20% March 11, 2020 Leisure Presentation 10% March 18, 2020 Leisure Profile 20% TBA Final Exam. Cumulative 30% Total 100%
Image of page 6
Term Tests About 50 questions Multiple Choice, True/False, Matching
Image of page 7
Personal Leisure Presentation Purpose is to practice presentation skills Involves listing and journaling activities that you are involved with 2 main sections Leisure experiences Favorite activities 5 minutes Can include PowerPoint with use of photos
Image of page 8
Leisure Profile Purpose is to seek a deeper understanding of leisure Involves listing and journaling activities that you are involved with 6 main sections Definition of leisure Leisure experiences Favorite activities Leisure constraints Life stresses Motivation and cultural background
Image of page 9
Leisure Profile 6-8 pages, not including tables, appendices and reference page Paragraphs only, no bullets Use appropriate headings Review rubric Upload to UM Learn before the deadline Full requirements are on UM Learn
Image of page 10
Policies Please be on time. Attendance is required and will be taken at the beginning and end of class. Please respect copyright. No audio or video recordings allowed. Please respect your neighbors. No technology except for educational purposes 5% will be deducted for each day an assignment is late.
Image of page 11
Grades Letter Grade Percentage A+ 90-100% A 80-89.9% B+ 75-79.9% B 70-74.9% C+ 65-69.9% C 60-64.9% D 50-59.9% F 0-49.9%
Image of page 12
Questions?
Image of page 13
Today’s Lecture Defining Leisure- Chapter 1 Introduction to Play- Chapter 2 Before we start, break into groups of 2-3.
Image of page 14
Image of page 15

You've reached the end of your free preview.

Want to read all 40 pages?

  • Left Quote Icon

    Student Picture

  • Left Quote Icon

    Student Picture

  • Left Quote Icon

    Student Picture