MKT420 MARKETING MIX INDIVIDUAL ASSIGNMENT.docx - ASSIGNMENT\u2019S DETAIL COURSE CODE MKT 420 GROUP LECTURER\u2019S NAME TITLE OF THE COMPARISON ON MARKETING

MKT420 MARKETING MIX INDIVIDUAL ASSIGNMENT.docx -...

This preview shows page 1 - 4 out of 7 pages.

ASSIGNMENT’S DETAIL COURSE CODE : MKT 420 GROUP : LECTURER’S NAME : TITLE OF ASSIGNMENT : THE COMPARISON ON MARKETING MIX BETWEEN CAROUSELL AND SHOPEE SEMESTER : 1 (2019/2020) STUDENT’S DETAIL N O NAME STUDENT NUMBER 1. SITI NUR ‘AIDILYANA FITRAH BINTI MAZLAN OVERALL MARKS
Image of page 1
1.0 INTRODUCTION Online business, also known as E-Business is the conduct of business processes on the internet. These e-business processes include buying and selling goods and services, servicing customers, processing payments, managing production control, collaborating with business partners, sharing information, running automated employee services, recruiting; and more [ CITATION Rou19 \l 17417 ] . These processes are conducted via internet which is the biggest platform to market online businesses. In Malaysia, there are 16.53 million of online shoppers which cover up 50% of the population while 62% of mobile users are using their devices to shop online. The reasons behind the high rates are because of Malaysia’s internet and mobile connectivity, as well as public sector encouragement. [ CITATION Int19 \l 17417 ] . 58% of Malaysians who shop online are women while the other 42% are men and 51% of them is between 25 to 34 years- old with another quarter at 24% are people from 18 to 24 years-old [ CITATION ECM19 \l 17417 ] . For this assignment, I was required to make a comparison on marketing mix between online businesses. With that, I choose to compare between Carousell and Shopee, two most common website chosen by Malaysian for online shopping. Shopee was launched in 2015 [ CITATION Sit19 \l 17417 ]. It is the largest e- commerce platform in Pan Asia with Indonesia, Thailand and other six major countries, as well as Taiwan as its main markets. By 2016, Shopee already employed more than 2,000 who are in different countries and regions, and Shopee launched in 7 countries and regions [ CITATION Bel18 \l 17417 ]. Carousell was founded by Siu Rui, Lucas and Marcus back in August 2012 – whereby the focus is to give users the tools to solve problems whether it’s decluttering or earning side income. They have presence in 7 countries and 19 cities around the world, with 250 million listings and counting. Backed by Rakuten Ventures, Sequoia India, Naspers, 500 Startups, Golden Gate Ventures, DBS and EDBI, Carousell continue to enable more people in the world to Share Possible [ CITATION Car3 \l 17417 ].
Image of page 2
2.0 MARKETING MIX (4P’S) BETWEEN CAROUSELL AND MUDAH.MY 2.1 PRODUCT Based on my observation, when mentioning Carousell, consumers must have known that the platform is used to sell both new and second-hand goods. There are over millions of products ranging from fashion, home & living, mobile & electronics and
Image of page 3
Image of page 4

You've reached the end of your free preview.

Want to read all 7 pages?

  • Fall '15
  • student
  • App Store, Shopee

  • Left Quote Icon

    Student Picture

  • Left Quote Icon

    Student Picture

  • Left Quote Icon

    Student Picture