Unformatted text preview: and 1800 r/min
$300 $200 per inch of pipe size
$50 plus $50 per inch of pipe size
$1 per inch of diameter per foot of
10¢ per kilowatthour Your design task is to select an economical pipe size and
pump impeller size and speed for this task, using the pumptest data in nondimensional form (see Prob. 5.61) as design
data. Write a brief report (5 to 6 pages) showing your calculations and graphs. References
J. O. Hinze, Turbulence, 2d ed., McGraw-Hill, New York,
2. H. Schlichting, Boundary Layer Theory, 7th ed., McGrawHill, New York, 1979.
3. F. M. White, Viscous Fluid Flow, 2d ed., McGraw-Hill, New
4. O. Reynolds, “An Experimental Investigation of the Circumstances which Determine Whether the Motion of Water Shall
Be Direct or Sinuous and of the Law of Resistance in Parallel Channels,” Phil. Trans. R. Soc., vol. 174, 1883, pp. 935 –
5. P. G. Drazin and W. H. Reid, Hydrodynamic Stability, Cambridge University Press, London, 1981. | v v 1. | e-Text Main Menu | 6. H. Rouse and S. Ince, History...
View Full Document
- Spring '08
- Fluid Dynamics, e-Text Main Menu, Osborne Reynolds