Lecture-1 - Principles of Drug Action (BIO 365D) Dr. John...

Info iconThis preview shows pages 1–5. Sign up to view the full content.

View Full Document Right Arrow Icon
Principles of Drug Action (BIO 365D) Dr. John Mihic Section of Neurobiology MBB 1.148 mihic@mail.utexas.edu Course notes, syllabus, and tests from previous years can be found on the course website on Blackboard
Background image of page 1

Info iconThis preview has intentionally blurred sections. Sign up to view the full version.

View Full DocumentRight Arrow Icon
So, how exactly do you pronounce your name? Mihič = “Me” + “Hitch”
Background image of page 2
Course Content 1. Introduction to pharmacology 2. Drug solubility, absorption and movement across body membranes 3. Drug distribution 4. Drug metabolism 5. Pharmacokinetics 6. Drug clearance 7. Dose-response relationships 8. Drug receptors: agonists, antagonists, specificity of drug actions 9. Drug interactions 10. Pharmacogenetics, adverse drug reactions 11. Behavioural pharmacology 12. Principles of toxicology 13. Selected topics in pharmacology
Background image of page 3

Info iconThis preview has intentionally blurred sections. Sign up to view the full version.

View Full DocumentRight Arrow Icon
The best grades obtained on two of three in-class exams will account for 60% of the grade. There will be no make-up exams and no opportunities for earning extra credit. A MANDATORY comprehensive final exam , held during the finals time period, will make up the remaining 40% of the grade. Format of tests and exams: multiple choice and
Background image of page 4
Image of page 5
This is the end of the preview. Sign up to access the rest of the document.

This note was uploaded on 11/04/2009 for the course BIO 365D taught by Professor Mihic during the Spring '08 term at University of Texas at Austin.

Page1 / 12

Lecture-1 - Principles of Drug Action (BIO 365D) Dr. John...

This preview shows document pages 1 - 5. Sign up to view the full document.

View Full Document Right Arrow Icon
Ask a homework question - tutors are online