C489 Task 3.docx - C489 TASK 3 1 Organizational Systems and Quality Leadership C489 Task 3 Jerica Dumire March 1 2020 Western Governors University C489

C489 Task 3.docx - C489 TASK 3 1 Organizational Systems and...

This preview shows page 1 - 4 out of 6 pages.

C489 TASK 3 1Organizational Systems and Quality LeadershipC489- Task 3Jerica DumireMarch 1, 2020Western Governors University
Background image
C489 TASK 3 2A.A1.I have chosen to compare the healthcare systems of the Japan with that of the United States of America.A2.In the United States unemployed individuals can apply for affordable insurance coverage through the Marketplace. Savings through the Marketplace are based on household size and income. Unemployed individuals may also be eligible for free or low-cost coverage through Medicaid, which covers those with disabilities or limited income, or the Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP), which offers coverage to children, pregnant women, and families that have earnings too great for Medicaid, but too small to afford private insurance. (HealthCare.gov, n.d.) In Japan, those who are unemployed are eligible for insurance coverage through Japanese National Health Insurance. Individuals covered under this plan will be responsible for paying 30% of all healthcare costs, while the government will pay 70%, these numbers can vary slightly based on age. (Internations, 2019)Children in the United States can either be covered under their parent’s health insurance plans as a dependent, in most states until the age of twenty-six, or they could qualify to be covered under Medicaid or the CHIP program. Each state has its own set of guidelines on who is eligible to be covered by the CHIP program. (HealthCare.gov, n.d.) Japanese children are also eligible to be added as a dependent on their parent’s health insurance plan if they qualify for Social Health Insurance by working full time. They can also be covered by the Japanese NationalHealth Insurance where 70% of all medical costs are covered by the government. The remaining 30% can be covered for Japanese children up until a certain age by applying for a Free Medical
Background image
C489 TASK 3 3Care Certificate for Children. These numbers vary slightly dependent on age, and the age cutoff varies by city. (Japan Healthcare Info, n.d.)
Background image
Image of page 4

You've reached the end of your free preview.

Want to read all 6 pages?

  • Left Quote Icon

    Student Picture

  • Left Quote Icon

    Student Picture

  • Left Quote Icon

    Student Picture