practice_exam_2

practice_exam_2 - ST311 Exam 2 Practice Exam NOTE to...

Info iconThis preview shows pages 1–4. Sign up to view the full content.

View Full Document Right Arrow Icon
ST311 Exam 2 Practice Exam Page 1 of 8 Version 2a NOTE to students: This is the actual exam from a previous semester. It is intended to give you an idea of the type questions the instructor asks and the approximate length of the exam. It does NOT indicate the exact questions or the topics covered. Students should refer to the appropriate study guides to determine the coverage of the material and appropriate questions.
Background image of page 1

Info iconThis preview has intentionally blurred sections. Sign up to view the full version.

View Full DocumentRight Arrow Icon
ST311 Exam 2 Practice Exam Page 2 of 8 Version 2a Name:_______________ Instructor:_____________ Instructions: o Put your name, and the name of your instructor, in the space provided o Read each question carefully. o Show all work to receive full credit. o Make all work legible. o Provide one answer to each question in the space provided. o A copy of the normal distribution table is given as the last page. o Unless otherwise stated use a significance level of 5% and a confidence level of 95%. o For tests of hypothesis be sure to state the hypotheses, test statistic, p-value and conclusion about H 0 . Honor Pledge: I certify that I have not received or given unauthorized aid in taking this exam. Signed:___________________________
Background image of page 2
ST311 Exam 2 Practice Exam Page 3 of 8 Version 2a True/False Multiple Choice CIRCLE the best answer (3 points each). 1. True False The p-value is calculated assuming the alternative hypothesis is true. 2. True False A test statistic is used to measure the difference between the data and what is expected under the null hypothesis. 3. True False A p-value is the probability that the null hypothesis is correct. 4. True False A t-distribution is always symmetric. 5. We create a 90% confidence interval for the mean. This indicates a. There is a 90% probability the procedure will produce an interval that covers the sample mean. b. There is a 90% probability that the procedure will produce an interval that covers the standard error of the mean. c. There is a 10% probability that the procedure will produce an interval that covers the sample mean. d. There is a 90% probability that the procedure will produce an interval that covers the population mean. 6. We would like to construct an 84% confidence interval for a population proportion from a large sample. The appropriate z* value from the table that would yield this confidence level would be: a. 2.41 b. -2.41 c. 1.41 d. 0.08 7. For a t-distribution as the degrees of freedom increases a. The distribution becomes more skewed to the right.
Background image of page 3

Info iconThis preview has intentionally blurred sections. Sign up to view the full version.

View Full DocumentRight Arrow Icon
Image of page 4
This is the end of the preview. Sign up to access the rest of the document.

Page1 / 8

practice_exam_2 - ST311 Exam 2 Practice Exam NOTE to...

This preview shows document pages 1 - 4. Sign up to view the full document.

View Full Document Right Arrow Icon
Ask a homework question - tutors are online