Filing Checklist For 2008 Tax Return Filed On Standard Forms
Prepared on: 09/27/2009 03:13:21 pm
Return: C:\Users\Alex\Documents\TaxCut\Janice French 2008 Tax Return.T08
To file your 2008 tax return, simply follow these instructions:
Step 1 - Sign and date the return
If your return is signed by a representative for you, you must have a power of attorney attached that specifically authorizes the representative to
sign your return. To do this, you can use Form 2848, Power of Attorney and Declaration of Representative.
Step 2 - Assemble the return
These forms should be assembled behind Form 1040 --U.S. Individual Income Tax Return
- Schedule A
- Schedule B
- Schedule C
- Schedule D
- Schedule SE
- Form 4562
- Form 2106-EZ
Staple these documents to the front of the first page of the return:
Wage and Tax Statement
1st (Tucson Industries)
Step 3 - Mail the return
Mail the return to this address:
Department of the Treasury
Internal Revenue Service Center
We recommend that you use one of these IRS-approved methods to send your return. Retain the proof of mailing to avoid a late filing penalty:
- U.S. Postal Service certified mail.
- DHL Same Day Service, Next Day 10:30 am, Next Day 12:00 pm, Next Day 3:00 pm, or 2nd Day Service.
- FedEx Priority Overnight, Standard Overnight, 2Day, International Priority, or International First.
- United Parcel Service Next Day Air, Next Day Air Saver, 2nd Day Air, 2nd Day Air A.M., Worldwide Express Plus, or Worldwide Express.
Step 4 - Keep a copy
Print a second copy of the return for your records. We recommend that you also print and retain these supporting forms, which don't need to be
sent to the IRS:
- - Background Worksheet
- - Last Year's Data Worksheet
- - Form 1099-INT/OID
- - Form 1099-DIV
- - Form 1099-G
- - Home Mortgage Interest Worksheet
- - Charitable Worksheet
- - Non-W2 Wages
- - Depreciation Summary
- - Depreciation Worksheet
- - Capital Gains and Losses Worksheet
2008 Tax Return Information. Keep this for your records.
Here is some additional information about your 2008 return. Keep this information with your records. You will need your 2008 AGI to electronically
sign your return next year.
Total (Gross) Income
Adjusted Gross Income
Total Federal Tax