Quiz 2 Answers - Name Date Quiz #2 MAT109 SUBMIT COMPLETED...

Info iconThis preview shows pages 1–2. Sign up to view the full content.

View Full Document Right Arrow Icon
Name Quiz #2 MAT109 Date SUBMIT COMPLETED TESTS VIA WEBCT EMAIL - NOT THE DISCUSSION ROOM. Please make sure your name is on the document you attach, and include your initials in the name of the document, e.g., Quiz 2PK.doc. Thank you. 1) Identify the method (classical, empirical, or subjective) that was most likely used to determine the given probability. Explain your reasoning. a)The probability of rain today was reported to be 10% (0.10) on the news last night. b)The probability of Ray Allen shooting and making one free throw is 90% (0.90). c)The probability of picking an ace in a single random pick from a standard 52-card deck is . 2) a)A card is randomly drawn from a standard 52-card deck.  Determine P(face), P(hearts),  P(face and hearts), P(face or hearts), and P(face | hearts). b)A balanced coin which cannot land on its edge is tossed four times.  The number of heads is counted.  Determine  P (all four heads) and 
Background image of page 1

Info iconThis preview has intentionally blurred sections. Sign up to view the full version.

View Full DocumentRight Arrow Icon
Image of page 2
This is the end of the preview. Sign up to access the rest of the document.

This note was uploaded on 11/21/2009 for the course MATH 109 taught by Professor Kurose during the Spring '09 term at Nashville State Community College.

Page1 / 2

Quiz 2 Answers - Name Date Quiz #2 MAT109 SUBMIT COMPLETED...

This preview shows document pages 1 - 2. Sign up to view the full document.

View Full Document Right Arrow Icon
Ask a homework question - tutors are online