This preview shows page 1. Sign up to view the full content.
Unformatted text preview: ollegeboard.com/apstudents. GO ON TO THE NEXT PAGE.
2 2003 AP® BIOLOGY FREE-RESPONSE QUESTIONS (Form B)
3. Water is important for all living organisms. The functions of water are directly related to its physical properties.
(a) Describe how the properties of water contribute to TWO of the following.
• thermoregulation in endotherms
• plasma membrane structure
(b) Water serves as a reactant and a product in the carbon cycle. Discuss the role of water in the carbon cycle.
(c) Discuss the impact of one human activity on the water cycle.
4. Biologists are interested in preserving the diversity of living organisms on the planet.
(a) Explain THREE of the following processes or phenomena, using an appropriate example for each.
• adaptive radiation
• population bottlenecks
• growth of the human population
(b) For each process or phenomenon you selected in (a), discuss its impact on the diversity of life on Earth. END OF EXAMINATION Copyright © 2003 by College Entrance Examination Board. All rights reserved.
Available to AP professionals at apcentral.collegeboard.com and to
students and parents at www.collegeboard.com/apstudents. 3...
View Full Document
This note was uploaded on 11/23/2009 for the course BIOLOGY 1101 taught by Professor Keith during the Winter '05 term at The University of Oklahoma.
- Winter '05