{[ promptMessage ]}

Bookmark it

{[ promptMessage ]}

1098 tax student loan

1098 tax student loan - CORRECTED(if checked...

Info iconThis preview shows page 1. Sign up to view the full content.

View Full Document Right Arrow Icon
This is the end of the preview. Sign up to access the rest of the document.

Unformatted text preview: CORRECTED (if checked) RECIPIENT’S/LENDER’S name, address, and telephone number OMB No. 1545-1576 Education Services P. O. Box 7058 Utica, 866.364.0645 RECIPIENT’S Federal identification no. BORROWER’S social security number 1 NY 13504-7058 2007 Form Student Loan Interest Statement Copy B For Borrower This is important tax information and is being furnished to the Internal Revenue Service. If you are required to file a return, a negligence penalty or other sanction may be imposed on you if the IRS determines that an underpayment of tax results because you overstated a deduction for student loan interest. 1098-E Student loan interest received by lender 952501112 BORROWER’S name 625-05-9541 $ 625059541-2 ACS/CLC 293.28 293.28 LOGANBILL, ANDREW W Street address (including apt. no.) 572 MARTINIQUE PL City, state, and ZIP code NEWBURY PARK Account number (optional) CA 91320-2835 2 Box 1 includes loan origination fees and/or capitalized interest (if checked) Form 1098-E (keep for your records) Department of the Treasury - Internal Revenue Service According to our records, this Form 1098-E reflects the student loan interest paid on the loan(s) listed above in 2007. The interest reported on your 1098-E could be different from the total interest paid to Education Services in 2007 as lenders are not required to report loan origination fees and/or capitalized interest for loans made before September 1, 2004 pursuant to IRS instructions. The amount reported in Box 1 on your 1098-E could also be different from the amount of interest you are able to deduct. The IRS stipulates that borrowers who wish to deduct their student loan interest paid must meet certain eligibility criteria. There is also a limit on the amount of interest you may deduct. To determine your eligibility to deduct this interest, or if you need assistance in preparing your tax return, you should: . . . . Refer to Internal Revenue Service IRS Publication 970, Tax Benefits for Higher Education. Publication and Forms can be obtained by calling the IRS at 1-800-TAXFORM or 1-800-829-3676. Call the IRS with tax questions at 1-800-TAX-1040. TTY/TDD Access at 1-800-829-4059 for questions, publications or forms. Visit the IRS Web Site at http://www.irs.ustreas.gov. If you still need help, you should consult a tax advisor. . ...
View Full Document

{[ snackBarMessage ]}