– Mother of Hercules
- King Creon offered his eldest daughter, Megara, to Hercules as a bride in
reward for his prowess in battle.
– (Original labor), Hercules 1
labor, has impenetrable skin, killed by
using the lions own claws against itself, Hercules skins the lion and wears he skin as
protection on his head and back.
– (Original labor), Hercules 2
labor, multiple heads [when one is cut
off two grow back in its place], killed by cleaving a head then burning the wound shut
with a torch, had help from Iolaos, Hercules acquires poison for his arrows from the
blood of the hydra.
– (Additional labor), Hercules 7
labor, the bull of Minos [King of Crete]
and Pasiphae [Wife of Minos, fell in love with it, gives birth to the Minotaur], wrecked
havoc, using a lasso Hercules rode it to his cousin Eurystheus, released into Marathon
[becomes a later labor of Theseus].
– (Additional labor), Hercules 9
labor, the girdle of Hippolyte
[Queen of the Amazons], Hera disrupts the negotiations.
Hercules’ in Troy
– Zeus sent Poseidon and Apollo to serve King Laomedon [they
offended Zeus, Zeus in debt to Laomedon for taking his son Ganymede to be his love
boy], Zeus had them build a wall around Troy [Laomedon’s city] and promised to reward
them well, Zeus refuses to fulfill his promise, in vengeance Poseidon sends a sea monster
to attack Troy before the Trojan war, Laomedon planned on sacrificing his daughter
Hesione to Poseidon to appease Poseidon, Hercules saves Hesione at the last minute and
kills the sea monster, Laomedon, Laomedon's sons.
– Side job of Hercules, piled on labor, refers to Hercules 7
through his 12
Hercules and the Argonauts
– To be the original leader of the Argonauts, but suggests
that Jason be the leader since he gathered them, urges the Argonauts to leave the Women
of Lemnos, is forgotten as Hercules searches for his kidnapped lover boy [kidnapped by
the water nymphs].
A man with one sandal
– Jason, leader of the Argonauts, son of Aison, is maternal great
grandson of Minyas (hence the Minyans); the one sandal shows him to be quite pathetic,
not a born leader/warrior/intellectual, just a flawed/mortal man.