This preview shows pages 1–3. Sign up to view the full content.
This preview has intentionally blurred sections. Sign up to view the full version.View Full Document
Unformatted text preview: 1. Which oF the Following statements is incorrect regarding the Constitution?
Your Answer: It establishes the United States as a Christian nation.
2. In order to solve the conﬁict between desiring a stronger national government and avoiding central control. the
Framers established a system oF
Your Answer: Federalism
3. Regarding checks and balances. which oF the Following statements is correct?
Your Answer: The Senate and the House oF Representatives have an absolute veto over each other in the
enactment oF laws. because both houses must approve bills.
4_ The rise oF national political parties, expansion oF the electorate, changes in technologyr and the growth oF
presidential power are ways the system oF checks and balances have been
Your Answer: modiﬁed
5_ m A reFerendum is:
Your Answer: a method by which voters can reconsider actions oF the legislature.
6_ m The press, wealthy individuals and religious leaders have beneﬁted in their eFForts to gain more inﬂuence over
Your Answer: changes in technology.
7_ m Which oF the Following statements is incorrect regardingjudicial review?
Your Answer: The Constitution clearly states who should have the ﬁnal word in disputes that might arise over
3_ m Justice Thurgood Marshall believed that the meaning oF the Constitution: Your Answer: changes over time because it is a "living document." 9. m In Mar-bury v Madison. ChieF Justice John Marshall reFused to issue a writ oF madamus because:
Your Answer: the Judiciary Act oF 1 ?89 is contrary to Article III oF the Constitution.
10. m Scholars argue that Marshall's decision in Mar-bury v. Madison was brilliant because:
Your Answer: it gained the power to declare laws passed by Congress unconstitutional For the Court.
11_ m Which oF the Following is not Found in Article 1 oF the Constitution?
Your Answer: A person convicted on impeachment charges may not be subject to trial, judgment, and
punishment according to the law.
12. The power to keep executive communications conﬁdential. especially iFthey relate to national security is:
Your Answer: executive privilege.
13. Judicial interpretation oF the Constitution by the Supreme Court has:
Your Answer: saved the document From Frequent Formal amendment.
14. How does our nation have a constitutional government when the Constitution is constantly being changed by
interpretation and change by inFormal methods?
Your Answer: It is an expression oF basic personal liberties and an instrument oF government.
15_ m Ill'll'hich oF the Following amendments took away From the electorate the right to elect a person to the oFFlce oF
president For more than two Full terms?
Your Answer: Tw enty-Second
16. m Which oF the Following amendments was not intended to limit the power oF state governments? Your Answer: Eleventh 17. A convention called try Congress at the request of the legislatures in two-thirds of the states is: Your Answer: a method For proposing amendments. 18. The Supreme Court has said that ratiﬁcation must take place within Your Answer: a reasonable time 19. The Twenty-Seventh Amendment was ratiﬁed as the result of: Your Answer: a student writing a paper at the University of Texas. 20. m Which of the Following is true regarding the proposed Equal Rights Amendment? Your Answer: It demonstrated that the Framers intended the amending process to be diFr'Icult. ...
View Full Document
This note was uploaded on 02/10/2010 for the course PCS 782 taught by Professor Staff during the Spring '08 term at Bowling Green.
- Spring '08