1. IT personnel use _____ to produce _____.
A. IT components, IT services
B. Computer-based information systems, IT architecture
C. IT infrastructure, IT architecture
D. IT infrastructure, IT platform
2. Amazon is using its IT infrastructure to deliver a variety of services for all of the following reasons except:
A. because the company only uses 10 percent of its processing capacity at any one time
B. to stablize profits and revenue
C. to compete with Google
D. to help start-up companies with their IT needs
3. Which of the following statements about information systems is not correct?
A. Information systems are concentrated in the IS Department.
B. Information systems tend to follow the structure of the organization.
C. Information systems are based on the needs of employees.
D. Any information system can be strategic.
E. Managing information systems is difficult.
4. The Internet has had which of the following impacts on the way you purchase your textbooks?
A. The Internet gives you fewer choices.
B. The Internet increases your bargaining power.
C. The Internet provides you with less information.
D. The Internet decreases your bargaining power.
E. The Internet increases your switching costs.
5. Which of the following is a traditional, major IS function?
A. Managing systems development
B. Partnering with the firm’s executives
C. Managing outsourcing
D. Educating non-IS managers about IT
E. Incorporating the Internet and electronic commerce into the business
6. Which of the following is not an overall trend in software?
A. Increased complexity
B. Increased cost
C. Increased number of errors
D. Increased amount of mainframe software written by users
E. Increasingly large percentage of information systems’ costs
7. Which of the following is not a characteristic of today’s typical software?
B. Full of errors
C. Poorly designed
E. An art as well as a science
8. Which of the following is not an advantage of open-source software?
A. Produces high quality code
B. Produces code that can be changed to meet the needs of the users
C. Bugs are discovered quickly
D. Support available only through online communities of core developers
E. Produces reliable code
9. A(n) _____ is a network designed to serve the internal informational needs of a single organization.
A. global network
E. World Wide Web
10. Applications offered by the Internet2 include which of the following?
A. remote diagnosis
B. digital libraries
C. distance education
D. virtual laboratories
E. all of the above
11. The _____ is a global wide-area network that connects approximately one million organizational computer
A. global network
This is the end of the preview. Sign up
access the rest of the document.