2302 syllabus - Chemistry 2302-01 Organic Chemistry II MWF:...

Info iconThis preview shows pages 1–2. Sign up to view the full content.

View Full Document Right Arrow Icon
Chemistry 2302-01 Organic Chemistry II MWF: 9:05–9:55 a.m. Smith 100 Spring Semester 2010 Instructor : Dr. Jane E. Wissinger, Kolthoff 455, 612-625-9586, jwiss@umn.edu Office Hours: Mondays/Wednesdays 10:15-11:15 a.m, Tuesdays/Thursdays 1:30-2:30 and by appointment. Class Website: WebVistaC – Access through http://myu.umn.edu as instructed below. Texts: L. G. Wade Jr., Organic Chemistry , Seventh Edition , Prentice-Hall, Inc . Study Guide to book and molecular model set. Website: link through: www.chemplace.com . Choose 7 th Edition cover. Hourly Exams: Four hourly exams will be given during the regular class time in Smith 100 and a room TBA. You must have your student ID with you to take the exam. Friday, February 12, 2010 (Week 4) Friday, March 12, 2010 (Week 8) Friday, April 9, 2010 (Week 11) Friday, April 30, 2010 (Week 14) Cumulative Final Examination: Wednesday, May 12, 1:30-3:30 p.m. Grading: Hourly exams (100 pts each): 20% x 3 = 60% (or 20% x 4 = 80%) Final Exam (200 pts): 40% (or 20 %) Final grades will be based on either one’s three best midterm exams as 60% of the grade and the final at 40% or all four midterm exams (80%) and the final exam (20%), depending on which is the higher total numerical value. If all four hourly exams are taken, the lowest grade score will be dropped, regardless of the exam average. The approximate letter scale ranges are: A 81%-100%, B 63%-80%, C 45%-62%, D 30%-44%, F 0-29%. Plus grades will be given in the B and C range with pluses given in approximately the top 3-5% of the range and minus grades will be given in the A, B, and C ranges for approximately the bottom 3-5% of the range. Grades will be posted for registered students in this course at the WebVista site created for this class. Connect to the “My U” portal at http://myu.umn.edu. Enter your University of Minnesota Internet ID (X500 Username) and password and then click “Log in”. Once you successfully log in, choose “my USpace” (small link near top right of page) a list of all WebVista course sites in which you are registered will be shown. Scroll down to “WebVista C” and select CHEM 2302 - Section 001 - Fall 2009. Check "Browser Set Up" for VISTA to make sure your computer and browser are properly set up (this is very important). Do not forget to LOGOUT or someone else may use this browser session on your behalf. Policy on Exams: No make-up exams will be given. Exams are cumulative throughout the semester with emphasis on the material covered since the previous exam. The first absence from an exam will be treated as the lowest exam grade and will be dropped. Additional missed exams will be recorded as a zero unless written documentation is provided and the reason for missing the exam is extenuating and deemed acceptable. Exam Regrade Policy:
Background image of page 1

Info iconThis preview has intentionally blurred sections. Sign up to view the full version.

View Full DocumentRight Arrow Icon
Image of page 2
This is the end of the preview. Sign up to access the rest of the document.

Page1 / 4

2302 syllabus - Chemistry 2302-01 Organic Chemistry II MWF:...

This preview shows document pages 1 - 2. Sign up to view the full document.

View Full Document Right Arrow Icon
Ask a homework question - tutors are online