of the following activities from Chapters 1, 3,
4. Answer the questions for that activity. Be
sure to write enough to answer the question. Normally a page
question should be enough. When
you submit this exercise, put it in typewritten form, use appropriate and professional grammar, ensure
that there are no spelling or typing errors, etc. This assignment should have a professional
appearance, be double-spaced, dark ink, and use a 12-14 size font. The assignment must be
submitted prior to taking Exam 1.
Chapter 1, read Management Decision: “Betting On An Employee” on page 27 in your textbook and
respond to the four short answer questions listed.
1. How is this decision emblematic of your job as a manager and your transition into that position?
2. What are the advantages and disadvantages to giving Andrew a raise before the customary period?
3. Do you break the company policy and give Andrew a raise three months early, or not? If not, how do
you handle the moonlighting situation? Explain your decision.
4. Regardless of Andrew’s situation, would it be better in the long run for your company to continue or
end its “no moonlighting” policy?
Chapter 3, read Management Decision: “Environmental Roller Coaster” on page 95 in your textbook
and respond to the three short answer questions listed.
1. Consider the issues the managers at Cedar Point are examining as part of their exercise. What
other issues do you think they should examine?
2. Create a list of issues addressing each of the environmental factors discussed in the chapter
(economy, technology, political/legal, sociocultural, customer, competitor, supplier, industry regulation).
For each item on your list explain how Cedar Point will face the challenges posed by that factor in its
3. Based on the solutions you generated in question 2, how uncertain is the amusement park industry?
Why do you think as you do? (Think about the environmental change, complexity, and resources of the
amusement park industry. You may wish to use Exhibit 3.2 as a guide.)
Chapter 4, read Management Decision: “Implementing Sustainability” on pages 127 and 128 in your
textbook and respond to the three short answer questions listed on page 128.
1. Which level of social responsibility best describes the company’s current operations?
2. What environmental vision do you communicate to your task force? In other words, what social